Message from the NHA President:
Get Ready for NHA’s 2015 Symposium – Forward Firing and Lethal!
Hello rotor-head bubbas! In a mere 25 days from now (yes, I am counting down because I am PUMPED for the event!) we will be kicking off OUR 2015 NHA Symposium. I would like to ask for few moments of your time to talk about our proposed panels, and to let you know how you can get involved to ensure your voice is heard.
First, let’s be honest: we all know the risk involved when asking “that” question in front of a panel of senior Flag officers, our Commodores or quite possibly even more damaging: your peers. As a proud card-carrying member of NHA, you will now have the opportunity to pose your question(s) before the panels commence. Of note, you have a couple of options:
1. Post your question to the “Forum” section of the NHA website (Panel Forum under the 2015 Symposium Discussion Board). When the question is read to the applicable panel, we at NHA will not relay where the question came from. Additionally, you can also generate discussion amongst your peers, via the website “Forum” section, and very well might get your answer before Symposium kicks off!
2. Email our membership representative (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your question; again, when the question is read to the applicable panel, we at NHA will not relay where the question came from.
Bottom line - we want to assist you in getting the TOUGH questions answered, and I’d like to think we have the means to do so. The only thing preventing you from getting your answer is hesitation to ask it; step up and let your voice be heard! Keep in mind, this offer is only extended to our members…so sign up today and give us the chance to aid in getting the answers you are looking for.
I also want to share with you an important date to keep in mind: Thursday, 30April2015. This is the date our “reserved” Town and Country rooms are no longer reserved specifically for NHA Symposium attendees at the discounted ‘government” rate. It is critical you reserve your room NOW to ensure you can lock in the reduced price!
As a reminder, don’t forget about all of the incredible MEMBERS-ONLY social occasions (see below) we have planned for to go along with the professional development events. Online registration for the following events closes May 1st:
Tuesday May 12th:
- Member's Reunion on the USS MIDWAY with Mr. Chuck Aaron, Red Bull helicopter pilot, conducting a flight demonstration abeam the venerable warship (it is going to be an AMAZING show!)
- Awards Luncheon
Wednesday May 13th:
- Aircrew Competition
- Downtown Gaslamp Event
Thursday May 14th:
- 5K Fun Walk/Run
- Padres Game at Petco Park (note: 2 tickets per member…get them now as they’re selling fast!)
Friday May 15th:
- Riverwalk Golf Tournament
Join us now and we’ll see you in three weeks…all the best and fly safe!
Manage Your ProfileNow you can manage your profile directly and become part of the rotary wing online community.
Log-in to your account to:
Community Forums and Circles
NHA Members now have access to an online social community! Log-in to start networking through special interest circles, activity streams, discussion forums, member-to-member messaging capabilities, and view our searchable online directory.
The new social community gives you an opportunity to interact with industry partners and rotary-wing aviators, both past and present.